Story Walk Kent
December 23 – January 31
A Story Walk is a fun activity where children and families can follow a map through downtown Kent, reading a story in the business windows along the way. It’s a fun way of promoting literacy, physical activity, and community! Grab a hot chocolate and some snacks along the way, or stop for lunch at one of our local restaurants. This is a great opportunity to get some fresh air, support Kent Social Services and local business!
“Squirrel’s New Year’s Resolution” by Pat Miller
What to Do
1. Pick up a Story Walk map at Popped!, 138 E. Main St., or download it HERE.
2. Follow the route, reading the story along the way. (Stop in for treats, warm beverages and do some shopping!)
3. Read the pages displayed in all 16 business windows, ending the story at McKay Bricker Framing.
4. Bring a canned good or other non-perishable item to add to “Squirrel’s Helping Box” at any of our story stops. (Forgot to bring one? Purchase something locally at Kent Natural Foods Co-op!)
5. When finished, sign our online guest book and tell us your New Year’s resolution; it may be displayed in one of our downtown business windows or on MSK social media!
Belleria Pizza & Italian
Bent Tree Coffee Roasters
Franklin School of Dance
GV Art & Design
McKay Bricker Framing
Red Letter Days
Squirrel City Jewelers
Sue Nelson Designs
Tree City Coffee
Follow the map to read each page. Have fun and grab some treats & shop along the way! And make a non-perishable donation to “Squirrel’s Helping Box” for Kent Social Services and sign the online guest book to tell us your resolution!