Story Walk Kent
May 1-31, 2021
A Story Walk is a fun activity where children and families can follow a map through downtown Kent, reading a story in the business windows along the way. It’s a fun way of promoting literacy, physical activity, and community! Grab some snacks along the way, shop, or stop for lunch at one of our local restaurants. This is a great opportunity to get some fresh air and support local business.
“The Day the Crayons Quit” by Drew Daywalt
What to Do
1. Pick up a Story Walk map at McKay Bricker Framing, 141 E. Main St., or download it HERE.
2. Follow the route, reading the story along the way. (Stop in for treats, beverages and do some shopping!)
3. Read the pages displayed in all 16 business windows, ending the story at Hometown Bank. Check out Miss. Calley’s fun additions HERE.
4. Head to the Kent Free Library to pick up a pack of crayons and themed coloring page to enter a coloring contest! (Inside or at drive-thru)
5. Listen and watch Kent Free Library Youth Services Manager Shelley Hall read the book! (See link below.)
Belleria Pizza & Italian
Bent Tree Coffee Roasters
Franklin School of Dance
GV Art & Design
Last Exit Books
McKay Bricker Framing
Red Letter Days
Squirrel City Jewelers
Sue Nelson Designs
Follow the map to read each page. Have fun and grab some treats & shop along the way!
Story Time & Coloring Page
Listen and watch Kent Free Library Youth Services Manager Shelley Hall read “The Day the Crayons Quit”!
Pick up a coloring page at the Kent Free Library drive-thru or inside, or download it for a chance to win fun, colorful prizes!
Prizes will be awarded in three age groups: 0-3 years, 4-6 years & 7-10 years. Return coloring page to the library by May 30th to enter. Winners will be notified June 4th!