Story Walk Kent
October 15-31, 2020
A Story Walk is a fun activity where children and families can follow a map through downtown Kent, reading a story in the business windows along the way. It’s a fun, educational activity promoting literacy, physical activity, and community — a unique way to combine learning with a family activity!
“The Hallo-Wiener,” by Cleveland-born author, Dav Pilkey
What to Do
1. Pick up a map at Red Letter Days, 144 E. Main St., or download it here (coming soon).
2. Follow the route, reading the story along the way. (Stop in for treats, warm beverages and do some shopping!)
3. Each business will have a window display with part of the story, and directions to the next pages.
4. At the end of the story, sign the guest book.
5. Main Street Kent will make a donation to the Rough Riders Read program for every guest who signs the book!
Have fun — dress up, act out the story, take pictures, be silly, and enjoy your family time! Be sure to use #StoryWalkKent when posting on social media.
Bent Tree Coffee Roasters
Franklin School of Dance
GV Art & Design
McKay Bricker Framing
Red Letter Days
Squirrel City Jewelers
Sue Nelson Designs
Tree City Coffee
Follow the map to read each page! Have fun and grab some treats & shop along the way!
After guests sign our online guest book, Main Street Kent will make a donation to the Rough Riders Read Program. This program encourages reading by offering free books at events all over the city, working to minimize “the summer slide,” the tendency for student test scores to drop over the summer. We’re happy to support this program that puts books directly into the hands of our community’s children. Follow them on Facebook as well!